ProjectVault’s drawing management software has recently been activated on the Linden Homes first phase of development of Newmarket Road, Royston. The outlined planning is for an attractive mix of 83 new homes.
Of the 83 homes, 28 are proposed to be classified as affordable housing, which would be made up of a mix of shared ownership and social rented properties. This is higher than the Council’s affordable homes target. Linden Homes is proposing a mix of 1 to 5 bed homes.
ProjectVault will be used for drawing management purposes as well as a secure project collaboration environment for the project supply chain. An easy to use document management platform for construction projects, ProjectVault makes the tender process much quicker and simpler for the commercial team. With revision control and an easy comparison viewer, the technical team’s life is also much easier.
The development of Linden Homes’ scheme would deliver a number of important benefits to the local community, North Hertfordshire District Council and Hertfordshire County Council including:
- Education, healthcare, childcare, greenspace, highways and public transport contributions.
- On site Community Open Space and Open Space to include a Local Equipped Area for Play.
- Footway / cycle link along Newmarket Road to the Newmarket Road Recreation Ground.
- Significant investment into the local economy through the development of the site.
- The provision of much needed affordable housing for people on the Council’s housing waiting list.
- New Homes Bonus payments to North Herts District Council. The money is provided un-ringfenced.
- The creation of a number of new jobs during the construction period. A development of 330 homes would require a workforce of 495 people.*
- Opportunities for local people seeking apprenticeships in the building industry.
- Highly energy efficient homes using the fabric first approach, helping to reduce the cost of utility bills.
* Professor Michael Ball, Reading University, The Labour Needs of Extra Housing Output (2005)
For more information about the development: